The office is the leading agency of the city government, whereas the local chief executive exercises its implementing powers and ensures the efficient delivery of services to all departments, citizens and to the city as a whole.
The Office of the City Mayor shall:
1. Exercise general supervision and control over all programs, projects, services, and activities of the city government;
2. Enforce all laws and ordinances pertinent to the governance of the city;
3. Ensure the delivery of basic services and the provision of adequate facilities;
4. Initiate and maximize the generation of resources and revenues and apply the same to the implementation of development plans, priorities, and program objectives;
5. Formulate guidelines on city policies and development plans in coordination with the City Development Council to ensure its implementation upon the approval of the Sangguniang Panlungsod;
6. Represent the city in all its business transactions and signs in its behalf all bonds, contracts and obligations;
7. Communicate with various agencies in government-sponsored programs, activities, and events;
8. Process and issue permits, licenses, and certificates;
9. Support the campaign for the promotion and preservation of the City’s rich history, culture and tradition;
10. Exercise such other powers and perform other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinances.